- Donations (each of these links to the corresponding title lower on the page)
- Corporate Partnerships
- PLP Sponsorships
- Shot-Through-The-Heart Program
- Capital Campaign
Sign-up for our Shot-Through-the-Heart Program and donate when you purchase goods and services or through your employer.
Corporate Partnerships – Contact Billy Johnson at PLP@UNT.Edu
Corporate Partners Packages:
- Platinum Partnership – Everything on the list for $50,000
Includes 2 Business After Hours per semester (Depending availability)
- Gold Partnership – Choose any 7 for $10,000
Can include 1 Business After Hours
- Green Partnership – Choose any 3 for $5,000
Does not include Business After Hours
- Business After Hours Sponsorship – $5,000 (or supply location and food)
- PLP Student Sponsorship – $5,000 – (10 Students)
UNT PLP Partnership Involves:
- Recruiting – Access to potential top talent who have been trained in the soft skills as well as the technical skills – UNT PLP Students
- Sponsor and/or Present at PLP Class
- Sponsor Business After Hours
- Location and Food
- UNT PLP students shadow employees
- Business After Hours Events
- Access to International Students
- UNT PLP Student Speed Dating Interviews
- Employee Development
- Employees become mentors
- Mentor Certification Program
- Future Board Memberships for Employee Mentors
- Mentors have access to same learning programs as students – Networking, How to Use Linked-in, Negotiation Skills, Innovation, etc.
- Opportunity for Employees to Speak and Present
- Sponsor a student or 10 students – $500 per student per year
- 10 Tickets to Golf Tournament or Casino Night or the chosen PLP Charity Event of the Year
STRENGTHEN CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS
Companies will host an on-site tour including Q &A with corporate executives. These companies, in turn, become partners with the College of Business and have an opportunity to host a company day on campus.
Endowment: $100,000 Annual Support: $4,000
ENHANCE LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
Executives and experts conduct a series of workshops based on strategic themes. Each session will build upon the preceding session leading up to a Keynote speaker who will facilitate a comprehensive wrap-up.
Endowment: $375,000 Annual Support: $15,000
ESTABLISH PLP LEADERSHIP LECTURE SERIES
The series will bring a renowned speaker to address the subject of leadership to the UNT campus at large. PLP students will receive a special invitation to a Q&A session prior to the main address.
Endowment: $2,150,000 Annual Support: $86,000
CREATE INTERNATIONAL CORPORATE VISIT SCHOLARSHIPS
PLP will partner with international firms to host 40 students at international headquarters while abroad, provide shadowing opportunities, C-suite mentoring, executive lectures, and in-depth country education.
Endowment: $1,250,000 Annual Support: $50,000
INCREASE OPERATIONAL SUPPORT AND STUDENT DIRECTOR SCHOLARSHIPS
To accommodate up to 500 students, PLP will hire 2 graduate assistants and up to 25 student directors to support desired growth of the program.
Endowment: $625,000 Annual Support: $25,000
PROVIDE TECHNOLOGY AND EQUIPMENT ENHANCEMENT
The purchase of mentoring software will eliminate manual entry and increase data matching speed to run reports that will connect areas of expertise and talent between students and mentors.
Endowment: $500,000 Annual Support: $20,000
The Professional Leadership Program represents a cooperative effort between the University of North Texas College of Business and corporate sponsors in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area since 1994. PLP’s mission is to prepare exceptional students for business leadership by supplementing degree competencies with executive mentoring, corporate exposure, professional development and key business skills and values. Through endowed support for the development of these competencies, PLP has a major impact on the region and is a nationally recognized leadership development program.
Areas of Impact:
- Student Experiences
Through the program, students have access to opportunities outside of the classroom that provide necessary professional skills. Scholarships are available for student members as well as student directors. Student directors are selected for additional capstone experiences based on stricter leadership criteria. Endowment $25,000 (member) $50,000 (director)
- International Scholarships
PLP partners with international firms to host 40 students at international headquarters while abroad, and provides shadowing opportunities, C-suite mentoring, executive lectures and in-depth country education. Endowment $1,250,000 annual support $50,000
A variety of activities throughout the year provide opportunities for students to network with peers and industry professionals, including Business After Hours and an end-of-year banquet. Endowment $625,000 annual support $25,000
- Leadership Development Workshops
Executives and experts conduct a series of workshops based on strategic themes. Each session builds upon the preceding session up to a keynote speaker. Other opportunities include conferences and retreats. Endowment $575,000 annual support $23,000
- Staff Professional Development
To exceed expectations and similar programs at other institutions, professional development for staff members, including certifications, conferences and trainings, provides additional opportunities for growth. Endowment $750,000 annual support $30,000
- Technology And Equipment Enhancement
The purchase of mentoring software eliminates manual entry and increases data matching speed to run reports that connect areas of expertise and talent between students and mentors. Endowment $675,000 annual support $27,000
- Case Study Competition
Through case studies, students work in groups and get hands-on experience with situations they will encounter in their industry and professional environment. Endowment $625,000 annual support $25,000