One of the best ways to be happier is to share our positive feelings with others. We often have rushes of love or appreciation for people in our lives, but the chaos of life interferes with us finding the right time and place to share those feelings. The solution is to create a habit of sharing them when we feel them.
To create a habit of sharing your positive feelings:
- Keep it simple – don’t write the long explanation unless you really have time and feel moved to finish your thoughts.
- Start with a framework –
- I love you because _________________________
- I like you because __________________________
- You are wonderful because __________________
- I appreciate that you _______________________
- You are great at ___________________________
Cut this out and keep it with you as a reminder.
- Choose your delivery platform – you can write a quick note on stationary or a post-it note, write a quick email, or send a text.
- Deliver the message – don’t let your anxieties and second thoughts stop you from delivering the message. Your feelings are a gift that most people will treasure. Those who don’t treasure your gift are especially in desperate need of it.
Share your positive feelings with others. It will make you happier and for most, will become a gift they treasure.
“To have joy one must share it. Happiness was born a twin.” – Lord Byron